Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fun with the folks

Cass and Cole came down from Ogden so there was much rejoicing. They brought with them these huge steaks from Costco which we cooked over Cole, I mean coals. Too punny? Well tough it's my blog. Ashley and Matt also came over with their two boys. Melissa and Tony were invited but had to go to friends. Too bad they missed some fine meats and salads.

It was the usual good time with the usual pre-party nerves by hostess Mom. She thought Cass had said they would be there at two but when they final got there at a little after four Cass said they had told her between two and four. Between two and four there was a lot of "Where are they?" but everything settled down after they go there, for the most part. Heston did throw a bit of tantrum when he couldn't play with the neighbor girl until after he ate.

Everyone: You can play with her after you come eat something.
Heston: I can't! I can't!

They way he yelled it you though we were asking him to lift an elephant or drive 55 ala the Red Rocker. He just couldn't eat before playing. Not until his dad took him inside for a bit to calm down.

After we all consumed much food and drink Matt and Ashley took the boys home while the rest of us sat around in the cool of the evening talking. We went from favorite PBS shows and the physical impossibilities of Dan Browns Angels and Demons to sharing hospital/surgery stories. Conclusion: some of us have a hard time suspending disbelief, at least if it's suppose to be in the real universe and not a magical one, and that an anesthetic can be nice before an operation but it's a real pain post-op.

Typing this whole thing I wonder should I say who all these people are or should I just assume that anyone coming here will know me so have an idea. I really can't imagine anyone that didn't know me reading more than a sentence but hey who knows.

One final anecdote, while waiting for C&C to appear, Mom visited this wondrous blog. She clicked on the Other Nutty Bolts link whilst I was wandering around upstairs. I then heard confusing about what was going on.

Mom: Jason what's going on?
Me: Huh? (I descend the stairs to see what's wrong now)
Mom: See I click this (Mom clicks the link) and it goes to Shannon's blog. Why does it do that?
Me: Ah, because I put the link there.
Mom: Oh.

It was almost as if she believed somehow the blog had mystically put it there on it's own. Maybe she needs to start a blog to learn more about how things work around here. Of course I would be the tech guy for her. Hmm yeah no blog for Mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh bless mom and her computer savvyness (is that a word?) Good times my bro. Maybe I should blog. Hmm. I have one on my myspace. Oh well.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home