Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Old bits and weird finds.

I was going through old Word files today and came across I love letter I wrote to my ex-wife while we were broken up (long story). If you think it's a little impersonal to write a love letter on a computer you haven't seen my handwriting. Anyway the letter isn't what struck me but the poem I put with it did.

Beautiful Uncertainty

Write and wrong word put in place of thought
Babbling ink down the book
Stretching hand across the dead tree
Painting page with the matter that grays the mind
Wipe away the fears falling before eyes
Visions find flow to show

Blind men leading bound tongue
“We must have the sure
Varying verbs not needed here”
Logarithm jams stifle creation
Effective causes sought
Imposing order on orderless beauty
Doubt lost by theory thinkers
With it awe-struck naive idea
No one to wander with wonder?

But see science lose certainty
Whispering words wear coat of comforting confusion
Singing symbols slide against dull dots
Find end to string as firm foundations fall
Understanding through controlled chaos
Only the lost discover the New
Rejoice in the unclear!

--December 1996

It is actually older than the letter it came from. It's from an old journal that I can't seem to find now. Pretty rough I know but I like the imagery. To stop trying to know everything and let go. He, O men, is the wisest, who, like Socrates, knows that his wisdom is in truth worth nothing. So much for old bits.

Anyone every just type in their name to a search engine to see what they would find? I did that and came up with some funny stuff. Jason Bolt dreamed of trees. A lumber jack! Leaping from tree to tree. I believe the site is a story based on the TV series Here Comes the Brides, which you will notice started the fall before I was born. Mother swears I wasn't named after the oldest brother but I have my doubts. I'm also a student at LSU. At least I finally got into the right party!

That's enough of my insanity for one day. Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home