Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I need to enroll in The Zoolander School For Kids That Can't Read Good.

Yesterday I posted about Stan Miller and my disagreement with his taste in comics. I mentioned I sent a letter to the editor. There was a slight problem with the letter. I called him Steve Allen. Yeah. I can't read so good. I actually had posted here with Steve this, Steve that when I thought, "Wow, that's odd he has the same name as the famous comedian." I even made a joke about it in the post. So AFTER I sent the letter and posted here I recheck his name. Stan Miller glared back at me. Somehow when I first read the name I only saw the "St" and the double l's and added the rest. I need to be smacked. What makes the whole thing even worse, it was my first letter to the editor, any editor. Good start huh?

I quickly sent a note to the Deseret News saying I had made a mistake. But never fear, I made a mistake in that email as well. See if you can spot my slaughter of the English language. I wrote: "I had called the letter writer Steve Allen, where as should be Stan Miller." Did you see it? I'm sure that you did. What the hell does "where as should be" mean? Where as IT should be!

It seems I like to add letters that aren't there. For example there is a program on PBS named Globe Trekker. However when ever I see it on the guide I want to say Global Trekker, adding an "al" that isn't there. In fact while googling it just now I typed Global before correcting it.

All this goes to show that I should never be an editor. My proofreading is bottom barrel at best. Even before The Allen Incident, as I will now be calling it, I had notice when I reread posts here an hour or two later I would find fine ungrammatical errors. Who knows how many I didn't catch and change? They will come back to haunt me from the depths of literary hell. Friends, beware the missing pronoun. There is much weep and wailing in their vengeance, and many a great ego is laid low in its grave by them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home