Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Are there even words?

I came across this link on the creativity/machine blog, From Beirut to ... those who love us. From their website:

This video letter was made on July 21, 2006 at the studios of Beirut DC, a film and cinema collective which runs the yearly Ayam Beirut Al Cinema'iya Film Festival. This video letter was produced in collaboration with Samidoun, a grassroots gathering of various organizations and individuals who were involved in relief and media efforts from the first day of the Israeli attack on Lebanon. It was also broadcasted at the Biennial of Arab Cinema, organized by the Arab World Institute in Paris.

There are links on the site to a couple different video formats if the one I found on YouTube doesn't work.



The video is quietly sad. The news from around the world, not just Lebanon, has left me feeling numb lately. "Can't we all just get along?" It may be a trite phrase, but it runs through my mind a lot these days. Not love, not like, just get along with others. A new poem:

I see the news

Worlds warring wears the soul.
Struggling for the right to spit
In enemy's eye.
While the cry of children lost
Drowns
In hungry army's roar.
Horror
Through lens projected.
Image, and sound,
Reveal, and conceal,
It all.
I stand safe yet fearing,
I will losing feeling.
My soul swallowed by sorrow,
Left shallow, powerless to the pain.
And all my tears,
Dried up, unshed,
Dust blown through my empty heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I think it's beautiful that you found the heart to express yourself in such a poignant manner, or, indeed, at ALL. Because I can't, and it's gotten to the point that I "can't bear to watch."

I don't think anyone has put a better name to this feeling than the Germans have: weltschmerz.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Thank you for the compliment and a word to describe the feeling.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home