Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Allen Incident continues!

Yes, dearest readers, the sad tale of my lack of reading skills continues. The shameful email I wrote was published in the Dereset News without correcting the name of the letter writer I was responding to. Below is my email, then what was published in the paper.

My Email:
I'm not going to argue with Steve Allen (Reader's Forum, July 11). He likes what he likes and there are no facts that will change his mind. Fine. While I can't argue, I would like to state that my taste in humor is completely different than his when it comes to "F Minus" and "Lio" comic strips. He found them "pretty amateur." I on the other hand love them. They are the first ones I read when I turn to the comics page. Their subtle humor makes me smile, if not laugh out loud, every time. I know this isn't a serious issue, and that if said comics did disappear from the paper I could find them elsewhere. I simply wanted to state my opinion in case there was any thought of getting rid of them.


The Dereset News:
When it comes to the comics page, I'm not going to argue with Steve Allen (Readers' Forum, July 11). He likes what he likes. But I would like to state that my taste in humor is completely different from his when it comes to the strips "F Minus" and "Lio." He found them "pretty amateur." I love them. Their subtle humor makes me smile. I know this isn't a serious issue, but I wanted to voice my opinion.


I put both versions up to show that the paper had edited my email quite extensively. Yet they didn't edit the most glaring mistake in the email, one in which I even sent a note asking them to correct before they published it. The man's name is Stan Miller, not Steve Allen. Thanks Deseret News. In truth, I have only myself to blame. Lack of double checking the facts; the facts being a simple name in this case. My error now stands naked before the whole state of Utah. I may never write a letter to the editor again. Well maybe one more to apologize to Stan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

s'ok bro...i think it's genetic, i mean i just read the head line of this blog and thought it said "the ALIEN incident continues"
don't blame yourself...blame mom and dad
hee hee

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home