Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

eHarmony cannot match me!

So I'm tooling around the net as I want to do when I see this link for the eHarmony site. I'm sure you've seen their ads on TV. I thought "hey I'll take their profile for fun" and this is what I got back:

eHarmony is based upon a complex matching system developed through extensive research with married couples. One of the requirements for successful matching is that participants fall within certain defined profiles. If we find that we will not be able to match a user using these profiles, we feel it is only fair to inform them early in the process.

We are so convinced of the importance of creating compatible matches to help people establish happy, lasting relationships that we sometimes choose not to provide service rather than risk an uncertain match.

Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time.


After saying AMEN, and laughing very hard I looked closer at the statement. Twenty percent can't use this site? That seems like a lot to me. Can't they match me with the 20% of women that get this message too? Guess not. The creation of that much chaos could sent the Earth spinning into the Sun. So to all my relations (especially Mom) out there, if a COMPUTER can't match me up with someone, please, please don't you try.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a bad college acceptance letter...well unacceptance.

"Have I got a chick for you! Wait till you meet her!
Have I got a chick for you, boy!
Hoo, boy!
Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques--
The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques.
I hear she knows more than seventy-five.
Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!" Peter in the musical Company.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cole is part of the 20% too...so it looks like if you're COOL, you're not what eharmony wants

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I KNEW IT!

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home