Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dope is dope.

Earlier this morning after posting about Joseph Vogel's book on the Michael Moore visit, I realized that for someone that likes books as much as I do, I haven't posted that much about them. I will attempt to rectify that in future. Let me then recommend a book that I finished a couple of days ago, Sara Gran's noir novel Dope. The story takes place in 1950 New York. Josephine Flannigan, the protagonist and narrator, is an ex-junkie and petty thief. The book starts with her being hired to find a wealthy couple's daughter. But as in any good noir story, things are not what they seem. No I'm not going to give away the ending, unlike one reviewer on Amazon. The book rolls along with some nice twists and turns as Josephine works her way through the underbelly of 50's New York. If you get a hold of a copy, give it a read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home