Undecided

I'm blogging on Vox right now. It will probably stay my personal blog. Keeping this one for something. Just not sure what.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Silly, odd, weird, bibliophile with delusions of grandeur. One of the lunatics at large.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Me = Wittgenstein?

In one Jenny Davidson's resent posts on her blog she quotes some aphorisms by Wittgenstein collected in the book Culture and Value. The last one she quotes hit me.
What is it like for people not to have the same sense of humour? They do not react properly to each other. It'’s as though there were a custom amongst certain people for one person to throw another a ball which he is supposed to catch and throw back; but some people, instead of throwing it back, put it in their pocket. Or what is it like for somebody to be unable to fathom someone else's taste?
It was the same thought I posted about a month ago when I ask What is funny? I guess the Preacher was right: "...there is no new thing under the sun."--Ecclesiastes 1:9. Still it is nice to see your own little notion match up with an idea from a great mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home